This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please view our Disclosure page.
Summer is now in full swing and it’s hot. H.O.T. We’ve had triple digit temperature here and are in desperate need to cool down! The backyard sprinkler is just not cutting it most days, so we have been going to my mom’s to swim in her pool. As if packing a diaper bag for 3 kids was not enough, for days like these I have to also pack a swim bag for all of us! So today I’m sharing with you…What’s in the bag!
1. Swimmies: If you have kids in diapers, these are a must. In fact, here in California public pools don’t even allow babies in the water without them. They don’t absorb water so your little ones can avoid the huge “swim butt” that regular diapers make when they are submerged.
2. Non-perishable snacks: I often opt for fresh fruit and veggies for the kids’ snacks, but when you are out and about the disposable pouches that contain fruit and veggie purees are my favorite. Especially at the beach when sand seems to get into everything.
3. Fun water bottles: Kids are more likely to drink out of a water bottle that has their favorite character on it, than just a plain old bottle. Let them pick out their own before the trip or add their favorite fruit to the water before you go so that they have yummy fruit flavored water by the time they are thirsty.
4. Spray sunscreen: I can’t even tell you how happy I was when this came out. Not only is it easy to apply, but it’s a time saver. Trying to get the kids to stand still while I put sunscreen on was ridiculous. All they want to do is play in the water, not stand around and watch!
5. Hats: A good, wide brim hat for kids is a must. Especially the ones with the strap under the chin so that they don’t fall off. Be sure to teach your kids good sun habits early so that they protect their skin their whole life!
6. Baby powder: This one is for the beach. If you put baby powder on your little ones, it will keep their skin smooth and the sand won’t stick to them. If you don’t want to put it on while at the beach, sprinkle some on before you get in the car and the sand will slide right off. True story!
7. Spray detangler & wide tooth comb: If you have girls bringing along a spray conditioner and wide tooth comb will save you from the knotted mess that will be their after-sun hair later. My daughter has a very sensitive scalp and hates having her hair brushed, so making this a routine at the pool has been so beneficial.
What’s in your bag this summer?