I received tickets to this venue at no cost in exchange for providing information about an event. All opinions are my own. For more information, please view our Disclosure page.
This past weekend my family and I were invited to preview a new exhibit at the Discover Cube OC – Very Eric Carle. You most likely know this author for his popular children’s book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I wasn’t sure if my daughter would like it because she’s so much older than my boys, but she loved it! The entire Eric Carle collection appeals to kids of all ages, both as age appropriate reading and also as cherished memories of the both the stories and the illustrations.
Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy, Busy Exhibit
Discovery Cube invites families to step into the pages of Eric Carle’s colorful picture books. His classic “Very” series, all illustrated in his hand-painted tissue paper collage technique, introduces five special insects who take journeys of discovery. Each story is a testament to Eric Carle’s’ love of nature, his respect for the emotional lives of children, and his recurring themes of friendship creativity, and the power of imagination.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar is about hope. You, like the little caterpillar, will grow up, unfold your wings, and fly off into the future.
- The Very Busy Spider is about work. We need to work and finish our tasks despite our many distractions.
- The Very Quiet Cricket is about love. Crickets and people alike go in search of a suitable mate.
- The Very Lonely Firefly is about belonging. We all want to belong to a group, a family, and our own fellow creatures.
- The Very Clumsy Click Beetle is about persistence. Each of us faces some obstacles in life, but we need to try and try again until we overcome the challenges.
Interactive exhibit activities include:
- Create your own butterfly using light and color through shadow play
- Test your dexterity, strength and flexibility as you step through a giant, web-like structure
- Compose a night symphony
- Spin your own web on a large weaving wall
- Test your balance as you rummage across a pile of pebbles
- Crawl through tall blades of grass
WHEN: Saturday, January 28, 2017 through Sunday, May 14, 2017
WHERE: Discovery Cube Orange County campus, 2500 N. Main St., Santa Ana, CA 92705
*Exhibit is included in general admission.
Very Eric Carle is targeted to children 2 to 8 years of age, their families, and pre-school and school groups ages 2 to 8 years.
For more information, and to purchase tickets visit: Discovery Cube Very Eric Carle