My name is Monika. I grew up in Orange County, CA where I still live with my husband, our daughter Ryan and our two sons Parker and Jackson. We love to find new and interesting parks all over Southern Orange County to visit or just hang out at the beach on the weekends. Every Friday is pizza and movie night, but we can never agree on which movie to watch!
How I got started with my shop….
After working in the Real Estate industry for almost 10 years I decided to become a stay at home mom. Shortly after my second child was born I found myself wanting to work again but still have time to spend with my kids. So I decided to start an Etsy shop.
I had no idea that Etsy even existed until a mom in my moms group asked if I would sell my items on Etsy. Upon looking at the site, I was amazed and intimidated by all the wonderful handmade items I found. I started by making blankets, burp cloths and diaper clutches. My kids and I have a great time going to the craft store and picking out materials for our latest projects.
About 6 months after opening My Lovebug Baby I started dying and painting baby clothes and since then, they have become my biggest seller. I had no idea how much I loved designing and matching colors! I had always thought I would do nothing else but sew for my shop because nothing comes more naturally to me. So to get my sewing fix, I decided to open another shop, The Lovebug Collection, where I sell fabric headbands. This way I can design the baby clothes and still sew.
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me…..
1. I have 5 sisters who are my best friends and my support team!
2. When I was in high school I always wanted 10 kids….now I am more than happy with my 3!
3. I always have a pen and paper with me in case I suddenly become inspired with an idea because if I don’t write it down I will most definately forget it. And then I will drive myself nuts trying to remember it again.
4. I love to make people laugh and will try anything in order to cheer up a friend.
5. I have an obsession with stationary. As a kid I would write letters all the time on cute paper with matching envelopes. I don’t write too many letters anymore but still have tons of stationary.
6. I love science fiction shows and movies.
7. My favorite part about the holidays is that Pumpkin Spice creamer and Peppermint ice cream come back in stock at the grocery store.
8. I have always wanted to go to Australia. It looks like fun and I would love to see a kangaroo or a koala bear somewhere other than the zoo.
9. My favorite food is pizza a followed by strawberry ice cream.
10. I taught myself how to use a sewing machine, but I’d love to take a few classes to learn more!
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me and how I got here. I truly love to create these items and am so happy to have the opportunity to do so!
Editor in Chief