These tissue paper flowers are very easy to make, they took me about 5 minutes to make and the whole time I was thinking about what they could be used for! The bunch pictured below will be for my daughter to give my mom at brunch on Sunday. They can also be used to brighten up the kitchen, add a special touch to the top of gifts, as a 3-D decoration for cards, on a tablescape….etc. etc. etc.
1. Start with ( 8 ) tissue paper squares (I used 4″x4″). I followed the next steps using (4) pieces of paper at a time.
2. Stack the squares then trace and cut a circle. Fold the circle in half.
3. Fold it in half again.
4. Fold each half outwards so that the folds are now accordion style.
5. Round the side/edges with scissors.
6. Unfold and repeat with remaining layers, then stack the layers all together.
7. Place a pipe clean on the layers and staple twice making an X. Make sure the staples are in the middle. (I know the picture only shows 1 staple but after making these a few times, the 2 staple X works better.)
8. Lift up each layer and twist the petals to make a flower.
Here’s what it looks like up close….
There are so many possibilities for these beautiful flowers, how will you use these?