I received tickets to this venue at no cost in exchange for providing information about an event. All opinions are my own. For more information, please view our Disclosure page.
Santa and His Reindeer Fly Over the Fairgrounds as Winter Fest OC Returns!
Southern California’s Ultimate Winter Experience Continues with 18 days of Entertainment, Attractions and Fun for all Ages
Last year my family and I had the opportunity to attend Winter Fest OC and we had a great time! They are back again for the 3rd year and each night guests will get to celebrate with a parade of winter characters, featuring Mayor Frost, Mrs. Claus, the Ice Princess, Penny the Penguin, carolers, Toy Soldiers on stilts, and elves. With the Winter Fest characters circled around the 30-foot-tall Christmas tree, Mayor Frost will light the tree and thrill the crowd with fireworks, falling snow, and a surprise appearance from Santa and his Reindeer flying overhead through Christmas Eve.
Winter Fest takes place at the OC Fair & Event Center. This year, the forecast calls for 18 days of snow in a winter wonderland of fun as Winter Fest will run from December 21 through January 7, giving families additional time in the new year to enjoy more than 20 wintry activities that are back by popular demand. See Santa and his reindeer fly over the fairgrounds for four nights only before heading back to the North Pole on Christmas Day.
Every admission ticket includes:
- Unlimited ice tubing down Snowflake Summit’s 150-foot, 8 lane mountain of ice
- Snow Play area with real snow blown in daily – expanded this year!
- Festival of Lights two-million-light stroll-through holiday displays – 7 new lands!
- Nightly tree lighting celebration with parade of Winter Fest characters, snow flurries, fireworks and flying Santa and his Reindeer until he returns to the North Pole
- Winter Fest themed bounce houses and slides for kids
- The world’s largest walk-through ornament and rocking horse
- Craft making and games in Santa’s workshop
- Daily entertainment including live bands, magic from Jimmy H, and strolling carolers
- Character live shows and meet and greets from popular cartoons such as Thomas the Train, Sid the Science Kid, PJ Masks, and Buddy from Dinosaur Train
- Little Elves (Toddler) play area
- Santa’s petting zoo
- Arcade games
- Snowboard Simulator
Additional attractions (for a fee) include:
- Ice Skating on a full outdoor rink
- Candy Cane carnival with more than 30 rides, attractions, and games
- Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus in their cabin
Private, ice rink-side VIP cabanas start at only $69 per session, creating a destination for holiday office parties, birthday parties, family retreats or date nights. Each cabana will accommodate two to 10 people and can adapt to fit parties of up to 100 guests. The VIP cabanas offer exclusive menus with seasonally-inspired food, cocktails, a private ice rink entrance and private servers.
New Years Eve, Winter Fest plans to light up the sky with fireworks and a not-to-miss 3,000 beach-ball drop at midnight. For families looking for a fun experience to ring in the New Year with the East Coast, a special countdown, beach-ball drop and fireworks will be celebrated at 9pm.
When: December 21, 2017 through January 7, 2018
Where: OC Fair & Event Center – 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Enter for a chance to win!
One lucky winner will win a pack of (4) Adult general admission tickets (can be used for children).
Tickets valid for (1) visit from December 21 – January 7.
Open to US residents 18yrs+. Giveaway ends December 14, 2017 11:59 pm PST.